Breaking the Dawn Tour

Read Time:2 Minute, 54 Second

By Anel Fajardo

With lower cases of Covid and higher vaccination rates in the United States, the music industry is eager in bringing out its top artists back on stage. Abel Tesfaye, also known as The Weeknd, being an anticipated headliner of the year, left fans wondering when a tour would be announced. 

Showing the world a sneak peek of his new album, the Weeknd released the lead single “Take my Breath” which peaked at number six on the US Billboard Hot 100. He would later release his fifth album Dawn FM in January of 2022. This album’s concept is quite different from his previous albums he kept to his r&b roots with a mix of pop. Dawn FM has a futuristic element to it along with a twist of retro and electronic dance music. 

The Singer transcends into a different realm that fans have not seen before in his music. The album received mixed reviews yet gained the number-one spot on Spotify globally. Its popularity only grew with time with the Weeknd later releasing countless music videos that truly brought to life the concept he wanted to put forth.

Back in October of 2021, the Weeknd released a public announcement on social media about the change of his tour dates. In his statement, he explained, “due to constraints of arenas and the demand for more shows I want to do something bigger and special for you which requires stadiums.” Fans who already purchased tickets were refunded and given priority for future stadium dates.

Possibly due to covid restrictions being a factor in pushing back the tour dates, there seems to be dawn after a long wait. The Canadian r&b singer-songwriter announced the dates of his After hours til Dawn tour via Instagram with special guest American pop star Doja Cat in early March of 2022, the first leg of the tour starting in the U.S and Canada.

Starting off the year in the light, Doja Cat joins the tour sparking more anticipation to see both stars on the stage together for the very first time. 

After touring in South America, the singer Doja Cat experienced some backlash from fans for canceling one of her tour dates. This sparked the singer to go on Twitter back at the end of March to voice her outrage and opinions on the matter.

In one tweet, she said she “[doesn’t] give a f*** anymore,” adding: “I f***in quit I can’t wait to f***ing disappear and I don’t need you to believe in me anymore. Everything is dead to me, music is dead, and I’m a f***ing fool forever thinking I was made for this this is a f***ing nightmare unfollow me.”

Luckily she had reached out later to apologize for lashing out at her fans with a public statement. She responded “I do owe people s***. I owe a lot,” and further apologized saying she owes her life as a celebrity due to the support of her fans and understands the upset of a canceled date. 

After her Grammy win for Best Pop Duo alongside r&b singer SZA, Doja Cat had announced new upcoming projects and a possible tour in the upcoming year in a red carpet interview. The future is looking bright for both artists and fans who are flocking to tickets to secure their concert seats, I would too before it sells out. 

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %
Previous post Enjoyment and Criticism
Next post Recidivism Seen Through Netflix Shows