The Bee’s Knees [Week of 4/1/2012]

0

Liz Clements | Lifestyles Editor

Got sushi? Aki Japanese Fusion Restaurant and Sake Bar sure does. Located at 12th and Walnut streets in Center City, Aki is serving up all-you-can-eat sushi for just $25. Now, I’m not talking about your typical spicy tuna roll here, I mean fully fledged, decadent sushi.  They have everything from yellowtail to eel to crispy salmon skin.  The options are endless, and they will keep bringing it as long as you like.

With sushi rolls and sashimi to please every taste bud, you can order rolls that back a volcano of heat, or a subtle and original creation filled with silky cream cheese. The wait staff is friendly and the sushi bar stands in the middle of the restaurant, which is great. I love to see my food get made, and you can literally see how fresh the fish is.

Aki is open until 10:30 pm during the week and 11 pm on the weekend. This is an added bonus, because it can easily become an impromptu occasion. Also, Aki offers some of the most inexpensive sushi I’ve come across in the city. Some sit-down sushi bars want $10-15 a roll. At Aki, their stunning restaurant, complete with wood carved panels, is pounding out sushi at as little as $5.00 a roll.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply