Raptor Report [Week of 4/8/2012]

I’m a nerd but I don’t care. Philadelphia’s Science Festival is coming! Think of a week of other geeks and nerds coming together to enjoy Astronomy, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and the like. There are science films and talks to enjoy, as well as a Carnival. I’m going in hope that my ability to comprehend scientific jargon will exponentially increase. Go, go IQ points!
+118 known chemical elements

Dartmouth College named their medical school after Dr. Seuss. The well-loved children’s author has been honored, along with his wife, in the naming of this medical school due to his living out the Dartmouth values by being creative and an inspiration. Oh the places Geisel Medical School grads will go!
+46 children’s books

I have always loved the Colbert Report and Daily Show, pretty much since forever. That’s why when these mock newscasts have significant political figures visit the show, I watch every second of it. Michelle Obama (as in the First Lady of the United States) will be on the Colbert Report. Rest assured, Stephen Colbert will be as hilarious and as crass as ever. That’s part of his quirky and arrogant charm.
+2 because anything more and Stephen Colbert will have a bigger head

With the new GCB show on ABC, (so many abbreviations!) I have had a less than stellar depiction of Dallas, Texas, but it’s still heartbreaking when between 6 and 13 tornados are ripping through a city, even if they are notorious for excessive spending. How terrible must these twisters be if they aren’t even sure how many of them there are? At least no one died, except for maybe a cactus or two.
-13 tornadoes

AHHH! Friday the 13th is a coming! A day many people fear for the historical context of the number 13. With our rainy month of April already upon us, this Friday the 13th should be a day no professors give homework or an exam, no one drives, and one that only consists of a national “Relax Yourself” holiday. Why won’t the president listen to me? It should be mentioned that Thursday the 12th is just as rare as Friday the 13th.
-13 black cats

Last Week: -1842 (It was a rough week!)
This Week: +140

WOOHOO! We’re doing good RU-C. Keep up the numbers!

THE RAPTOR REPORT CONTAINS THE OPINIONS OF THE COMMENTARY EDITOR, AND DOES NOT REPRESENT THE IDEALS OR BELIEFS OF THE GLEANER OR OF RUTGERS UNIVERSITY.